How to re-register

Each registration board has it's own system for re-registering health care professionals. Check out the information below for more information:


If you have not been practicing as a nurse for the past five years, you will need to do a Competency Assessment Programme to be eligible for re-registration.

Assessments are carried out at either a local education provider and sometimes your local district health board may also run a recoginsed programme.

Click here for a full list of recognised providers.


If you have not been practicing as a midwife for the past three years, you will need to participate in a DHB-run return to practice programme.

For more information please visit the Midwifery Council website.

Allied Health Professionals

If you are an allied health professional who wants to get your health career back on track, please email us now for more personalised information.

Alternatively, you can contact your local district health board or your registration board for more information.



Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Facebook

   (c) 2011 HealthCareers / DHBSS
   Designed and developed by

I'm a student
I'm overseas
I'm returning to work
I'm working in health

I'm an RMO
I'm a first year House Officer
Careers videos
Site Map

In association with