Anaesthetic technicians

If you are an anaesthetic technician and are thinking of moving to New Zealand, you will find that most jobs are based in hospitals in Auckland, Canterbury, Waikato and Wellington. 

1. Registration

Anaesthetic technicians are required by law to be registered by the New Zealand Anaesthetic Technicians' Society (NZATS).
If you trained overseas, you must hold a qualification equivalent to New Zealand's certificate of proficiency. If you would like more information, or wish to request an application pack, please contact the NZATS. Their contact details are available on their website.
Check out our flow chart for more information on the registration process.

2. Job Offer

After you are registered with the NZATS, you are eligible to work in New Zealand. You will find jobs listed on the national health job website.

3. Work Visa

To be eligible to work in New Zealand, you will need a work visa. You can apply for work visas from Immigration New Zealand. If you are an Australian national, you do not need to apply for a work visa.  
Got a question? Check out our forum to see if your question has already been answered or contact us directly.


Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Facebook

   (c) 2011 HealthCareers / DHBSS
   Designed and developed by

I'm a student
I'm overseas
I'm returning to work
I'm working in health

I'm an RMO
I'm a first year House Officer
Careers videos
Site Map

In association with